Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I don't think that the death penalty is fitting for Antigone's so called "crime" because she was just trying to protect her brother and let him rest in peace. Even though she did know she was going against authority, and did know that she was violating the law which would give her a death sentence, she didn't want to stir up a controversy like she did. Everyone in town is talking about it, and Creon can no longer make an expception for fatherland before family. The sentry brought Antigone to Creon because it was his job, and he would be excuted for it if he did not fufill his duty.

2 comments:

  1. "I don't think that the death penalty is fitting for Antigone's so called "crime" because she was just trying to protect her brother and let him rest in peace."...This statement is very true Mariss. I agree with your answer because family is the closet thing to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marissa wholeheartedly when she says that Creon cannot change his rule "fatherland before family." I think he is now in a tough spot that he cannot get out of; but, as we discused in class, Heameon did give him an opening when he said that the whole town is for Antigone, not Creon. Also, Marissa is completely correct when she says that the sentry would be executed if he did not bring Antigone.

    ReplyDelete