Thursday, November 12, 2009

Antigone

I think that Antigone is a strong teenager, who has firm beliefs and does not lose grip of them. With her two brothers killing one another, Antigone decides that each brother is equal to the other. King Creon, her uncle, wants to give a proper burial to only one, and not the other. Antigone is strong in this sense because she stands up for what she believes in and is not afraid to let her opinion be heard. Her sister, Ismene, is more reserved than Antigone. I admire Antigone's courage, and I like how she stands us to her uncle and isn't afraid to die for what she thinks is right.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with Marissa. Antigone is a strong girl for doing what she believes is right, and doing something that I would do for my own brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you stood behind Antigone's decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely what i was thinking Marissa, Antigone is correct about all of her decisions previously made.

    ReplyDelete